Finance Manager - Project
Location: UK London (Kingston Office)
Pay: £350 - £500 per day LTD
Assignment length: 6 months – strong possibility will become perm after that
Technology starts to penetrate quickly into our daily lives and into everything we do and how we communicate.
Four main trends are driving this
(1) Social Collaboration – Facebook, Twitter – is changing how people work and how we market our products
(2) Connected everywhere – cloud computing – allows us to scale up fast and use mobility to leverage new capabilities
(3) Smarter environments – integrating new technologies in our sales and user experiences e.g. smart ice cream cabinets
(4) Big Data – Data availability is exploding but the challenge to drive insight by using this technology.
Client Executive has recognized Technology has to become a competitive edge for Client to be successful in the market place. Effective performance management of the projects is key to delivery of this.
Enterprise & Technology Solutions (ETS) enable the Client Compass Strategy by delivering differentiated technology capabilities and competitive services through Portfolio investments, to give Client a competitive advantage. This includes both innovation to drive growth (Marketing Information Program, Perfect Store and ECommerce for example) as well as driving operating leverage through scale and efficiency projects (e.g. U2K2, Cordillera) to fuel the financial growth model.
Support delivery of the ETS agenda by delivering high quality financial planning and reporting for Functional projects owned by IPIX (Technology executive meeting with UeX representation). This includes Trade costs (including amortization), Restructuring costs, Capex and Project related benefits.
Managing the target setting and forecasting process for projects, as well as ongoing tracking of results to give transparency on performance to those targets and forecasts.
Building capabilities and tools to support decision making & trade off discussions within IPIX and enhance portfolio optimisation
The role will provide excellent exposure and equip the finance manager with insight of how the Enterprise Technology and Solutions organisation drives the financial growth model and is key to enabling Client to retain its competitive edge. The role will report to the ETS Finance Global Excellence Manager and is based in Kingston.
· Financial Performance Management of the Total IPIX portfolio (Capex, Trade, Restructuring), ensuring clear and timely reporting and pro active identification of potential issues needing management attention.
· Ownership of the Forecasting and Target setting process for IPIX projects
· Working closely with the Finance Spends Manager to deliver effective reporting on project benefits.
· Working closely with the Actuals Finance Reporting Manager to give clear and accurate reporting and forecasting of amortisation
· Collaborate with wider ETS finance team to simplify ways of working, improve decision making and drive for transparency of the costs of projects as well as the impact the projects have on running the Client organization
· Leads quarterly forecasting, management reporting, analysis and commentary process for Programmes
· Ad hoc analysis on IPIX spend to shape long term project investment strategy
· Supporting the ETS Financial Planning and Reporting Director in ad hoc presentations related to ETS Financial Performance
· Ability to manage complexity and large volumes of data, while providing clear output for use by Senior Management
· Strong communication skills
· Ability and drive to work independently
· Performance Reporting and Business Planning
· Internal Controls and Risk Management
· Financial Accounting knowledge, specifically around reporting of costs as capital vs P&L.
· Ideally to have experience of working in a large Global Corporate environment, managing multiple stakeholders
· Professional qualification in finance (CIMA/ACA or equivalent) with over 5 years experience in financial, operational or business partnering roles.
· Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
· Experience using Management Reporting systems
Major internal customers and contacts:
· ETS FLT, ETS LT
· ETS Finance teams
· IPIX Governance Board
· Project Directors & Managers