Background/General Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the CD Finance Business Partner role is to provide finance/ commercial business partnering to the Customer development team in the areas of performance management, financial control, S&OP, JBP and strategic planning and building financial acumen within the Sales teams.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities, Consultation and Information
• Review in month performance vs forecast, highlighting gaps and recommending corrective action
• Influence and challenge 0-6 month account forecast and reviewing against FY CVA to identify issues and areas where the team need to focus.
• Understand external drivers of Customer performance and communicate to wider business
• Responsible for maintaining control of the Customer Balance Sheet
§ Ensure balance sheet accurately reflects customer liabilities
§ Manage down the level of gross and aged deductions
§ Work with CD team to re-claim invalid deductions
§ Lead for minimising price claims and improving invoice accuracy
• Identify areas where the Account team can lead for improvements in Working Capital i.e. payment days
• Where relevant work with the Finance team of the external Customers to resolve balance sheet related issues
• Support Account Leadership Team who are responsible for delivery of in year results and formulating future strategy
• Manage TTS investment with specific focus on driving ROI improvement in promotional spend (OPSO) and Non Event Spend
• Optimise profitability of Account P&L, through driving mix and managing UPG/UVG.
• Partner Account Directors in formulating annual JBP negotiations. Ensure that investments are fully counter-parted and that the ROI of counter-parts improve year on year.
• Track in year JBP performance and coordinate quarterly pay for performance reviews to ensure that the Customer is delivering what we have paid for and manage accruals accordingly.
• Financial results delivery of the Account Team vs. Prior year and submitted forecast.
• Year on year sales growth and gross margin enhancement.
• Integrity of the balance sheet
• Improvement in operational effectiveness measures
• Strategic plan/JBP with key financial levers and metrics
• Monthly financial forecast.
• Business performance reviews.
• Review of operational effectiveness.