To enforce procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislation. The role will include inspection of premises, advice, following up complaints/ accidents, monitoring standards and taking enforcement action, giving evidence in cases which come to court, keeping records and writing reports. EHOs can deal with a wide range of functions such as food safety, air pollution control, noise control, environmental etc. The temp will be advised of specialist areas of the team and thus specialist experience required.
· Awarded the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board Certificate and graduate membership of CIEH.
· 1 years post qualification experience working as an EHO.
· Problem solving skills
· Accurate and methodical approach to gathering information
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
· Good negotiating skills
· Customer focused
· Able to meet deadlines.
· Results oriented.