We are looking to recruit a Transport Planner or Senior Transport Planner based in either our client's Cardiff or Guildford office within their development focussed transport planning team. The role will involve some responsibility for managing smaller projects as well as working with colleagues on more complex commissions.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in Geography, Planning, Engineering or related subject (Masters’ Degree desirable)
- Chartered or working towards Chartership of a relevant professional body (CILT, TPP etc.)
- Experience of producing and contributing towards transport assessments and travel plans gained in consultancy
- Willingness to be part of a team and assist projects as and when necessary and work on own initiative
- Excellent numerical, data analysis and technical writing skills
- Junction modelling experience (Arcady, Picady, LinSig)
- Experience of commissioning sub-contractors and obtaining technical data from a variety of sources
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with clients and key stakeholders
- A versatile individual looking to get involved in a wide range of projects
- Willingness to travel to projects across the UK
- Full driving licence
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate or Principal Transport Planner, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Transport Planning schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and could well have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of schemes, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking site surveys, data analysis and baseline reviews
- Producing and contributing towards transport assessments and travel plans for a wide range of developments
- Undertaking junction modelling as part of transport assessments
- Providing inputs to multi-disciplinary studies and environmental assessments
- Supporting in meetings with clients and stakeholders as well as working with other disciplines and consultants on projects