To carry out a full range of development management functions within the development management team and provide a first class, customer focussed and business friendly service.
· To use all resources (both time and financial) allocated to specific projects and areas of work effectively and efficiently in accordance with Service objectives and the Team’s work programme.
· The assessing and processing of all types and scale of planning applications and applications for consent to display advertisements and demolish/alter Listed Buildings/Trees etc including: the carrying out of all necessary consultations and negotiations; the preparation of recommendations and reports; and attendance at Committee meetings as required.
· The pursuance of enforcement action in conjunction with the enforcement team in relation to unauthorised development and non-compliance with planning conditions.
· Dealing with appeals against planning decisions, including the preparation of the Council’s case and the presenting of evidence at Public Inquiries and hearings, where appropriate.
· The preparation of site briefs to provide guidance to developers.