The main function of this position is to provide DC electrification engineering consultancy services and conductor rail designs in compliance with Railway and international standard requirements to support a NR electrification design team.
The role will involve all aspects of analytical work associated interpretation, organisation and production of the required design solutions.
Projects may include single discipline assignments or large multi-disciplinary commissions. Working closely with clients and partners within the rail industry is important and immensely valuable. Therefore E&P team members need to develop and nurture long term professional relationships, both internally and externally. E & P team members also contribute to business development activities, including the production of bid proposals.
In this role you will be a key person within the company regarding designs relating to DC electrification systems and its conductor rail designs as well as other E&P assets.
The key to our client's success is our focus on providing the very best-engineered solutions to our clients’ challenges, learning and adapting their skills and techniques as they go.
The team works in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, where knowledge-sharing is important and the whole team takes responsibility for delivery.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Determining the electrification design requirements from client briefs and other project engineers.
• Understanding the standards to be applied and the method of implementation.
• Gathering all the required information in order to make sound decisions and propose the right design solutions
• Produce the required electrification design (e.g. conductor rail layout drawings, negative bonding schematics, electrical cable calculations, DC feeder cable drawings, design statements and
• Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across the business
• Contributing to and leading the delivery of project-related outputs as required by project managers. These may be analyses, reports, designs, presentations to clients, or any other output
associated with the technical or commercial management of projects.
• Contributing to the development of the team’s business by preparing bids and proposals, making/attending presentations to clients and prospective clients and carrying out any other
required marketing activity
• Working within the company’s quality-assured delivery processes and delivering output to the required level of quality.
• Contributing to team workshops and discussions; sharing of knowledge with other team members
• Carrying out effective on-line or literature-based research to seek answers to technical problems and challenges
• The role will be accountable to Project Managers, Package Managers and bid leaders relative to project and bid requirements and deliverables.
• The role will also be accountable to the E&P team leader regarding utilisation, timesheet submissions, performance appraisals, team development, safety and quality of work