1. To support senior officers in delivering change, continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness in all aspects of process, service delivery and customer interface.
2. To support senior officers in implementing business and marketing to ensure that the Council delivers effective and efficient services, maximises business development opportunities, reduces costs and maximises income each year.
3. To advise Elected Members with regard to a wide range of issues, including, but not necessarily falling within the post holder’s area of knowledge or expertise.
4. To provide advice to customers (internal and external) on a wide range of issues, including, but not necessarily falling within the post holders area of knowledge or expertise.
5. To provide advice to internal and external partners on wide range of issues, including, but not necessarily falling within the post holders area of knowledge or expertise.
6. To contribute to the regeneration and growth of the Borough and to contribute towards the priority of Economic Growth through the application of Building Control (and related) powers and through working in partnership with other services within the Council and partner agencies outside of the Council.
7. To deal with and advise on the determination and processing of applications in relation to the Building Regulations and related matters.
8. To carry out any other duties as reasonably required