To oversee and ensure all transport related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, & other regulatory rules & regulations.
2. Responsible for maximizing efficiencies and minimising cost at Client sites, ensuring that deliveries are coordinated across both sites to prevent delays delivering targeted SLA’s.
3. To create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, constantly challenging current working practice.
4. Responsible for leading change management.
5. Responsible for new initiatives and project management.
6. Responsible for recruitment and retention within the department.
7. To establish successful business partnerships with internal and external customers e.g. store liaison via Retail Operations, Supply Chain and the Trading team, third party hauliers and maintenance suppliers.
8. To encourage effective communications and co-operation among team members and the overall business.
9. Responsible for developing and managing the transport operations Budget and all related forecasting and planning.
10. To demonstrate and role model the Client values.