Our client, a multinational management consultancy are looking to appoint a number of experienced DevOps Engineers to join their teams located throughout the UK.
The client, along with its clients, creates and delivers digital solutions that fit their user needs, delivering innovation, competitiveness and high levels of user satisfaction. They specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Their vision is to help their customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
The focus of your role
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our client's rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of technology at various locations throughout the UK. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in; someone who learns quickly; loves a challenge; who loves a job that’s never the same one day to the next. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be tasked with a wide range of responsibilities. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you’ll do
• Collaborate with colleagues on unique challenges at scale
• Build out new environments from scratch as required by the business
• Plan system and network maintenances while minimizing impact on the live environment
• Create and maintain test suites using CI/CD tools
• Automation, automation, automation
• Make systems more robust
What you’ll bring
We should be clear right up front that you’ll need to have a strong technical background for this to work and we’d love to hear from you if you’ve got some of the following experience:
• Excellent Linux system administration, scripting and automation skills (Bash, Jenkins, Groovy, Ruby, Python, etc…)
• Experienced in Application stacks (e.g. Nginx, Apache, IIS, DNS, Node.js, Solr, ElasticSearch)
• Some experience of configuration management using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef or Puppet
• Experience in supporting production applications on AWS or other similar cloud technologies
• Deep understanding of HTTP and web service technologies such as REST
• Knowledge of containerisation and microservices (e.g. Docker, rkt)
• Experience creating and working with development pipelines using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ant, NPM, Stash
What we’ll offer you
• The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation of some of the world’s largest brands in the Private Sector and across UK Government
• Investment in intensive technical training, enabling accelerated career progression
• The opportunity to work alongside and learn from team members from different specialisms
• An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
• One of the best cultures you can find, as collaborative as it is forward thinking
• Attractive and flexible benefits packages, tailored to suit your individual needs
Must have the right to work in the UK.