Our client in the rail industry are currently seeking a Senior Asset Engineer to join their bridge assessment team in Manchester on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be currently working in a bridge assessment environment, rather than a more general pm role where a general appreciation of the technical discipline is sufficient. Highly proficient with the technical nature of the assessment world.
• A Chartered Engineer with min 10 yrs. experience and membership with the ICE or MIStructE
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, such as Civil Engineering
• Expert knowledge and experience in the assessment of over and under bridges
• Expert knowledge of structures engineering policies and standards.
• An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques.
• Should also be very familiar with Rail structures as well as highway bridges as the loading is significantly different
Must have the right to work in the UK.