Our local authority client are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join their team in Camden for initially 3 months with possible extension.
1. To assist in the provision of a comprehensive legal service on all aspects of the law relating to the Planning, Property and Contract Teams if called upon to do so by the Principal Lawyer. This may include:
(i) Providing administrative support for the team including tasks such as opening and closing files, scanning, engrossing documents, formatting Agreements, sending out correspondence, preparing bundles, arranging payment of invoices;
(ii) managing concise and clear advice to clients in writing and orally;
(iii) responsibility for a caseload of non-contentious matters;
(iv) supporting contracts and procurement lawyers including in drafting co-ordination of contracts / supporting property lawyers as when required by head of team;
(v) drafting under supervision Enforcement Notices, Breach of Condition Notices and Tree Preservation Orders and other miscellaneous work including research;
(vi) keeping up-to-date records of the progress of the work undertaken and attending client liaison meetings as required;
(vii) liaising with members of the public and providing appropriate information where possible;
(viii) provide assistance to the Principal and Senior solicitors of the team, in all stages of the planning process.
2. To keep up to date with developments in relevant law and attend training seminars as required.
3. To understand and comply with the requirements of the Service Level Agreement with the Client Department.
4. To be responsible for ensuring that all work conforms to the Service’s agreed professional standards.
5. To assist in the successful implementation of quality initiatives including Law Society’s Practice Management Standards, ISO 9002 and Investors in People.
6. To be responsible for such other duties as the Principal, Senior Lawyer or Head of Law may direct.
To apply for this position please e-mail your most recent CV to email@example.com