Our local authority client are currently seeking a Solicitor to join their team in Loughborough for initially a 3 month contract with possible extension.
The successful candidate will be a solicitor (contentious/non contentious) with emphasis on Housing Litigation.
1. NQ - 1 years pqe experience of dealing with contentious and non-contentious work
1. Local Government legal work
2. Knowledge and supporting Principal Property and Planning Solicitor with attendance at Committees and/or Panels Knowledge
1 Advocacy before the County and Magistrates’ Courts
2 Sound knowledge of law and practice of Criminal and Civil Litigation, Land and Property, Town & Country Planning and/or other Regulatory Legislation
3. Drafting a range of Legal documents relevant to contentious and non contentious workload
4. Use of Office 2003 Time recording / Case Management packages Online legal research Tools. Competent Computer User
5 Legal Research and analysis
6 Excellent written skills
1. General knowledge of the law and practice of Local Government Administration
2. Experience of non-contentious matters including drafting of contracts/agreements
Good Communicator, including on the telephone
To apply please forward your most recent CV directly to the consultant, Michael Wilde at firstname.lastname@example.org, and not via the website.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.