My client is a leading civil engineering consultancy. They are looking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join their team in Manchester on a perm or contract basis.
To assist with preparation and delivery of civil engineering and development designs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a small growing team and work on a wide range of interesting and varied regional and national projects, working under the direction of a Senior Civil Engineer and Partner.
The team regularly undertakes projects in a variety of sectors including residential, retail and industrial for a broad range of both public sector and private sector clients, in the UK and overseas. Their Manchester office delivers a complete range of Civil Engineering Services from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
The role would suit an experienced graduate with 3+ years’ experience in 3D road and drainage design, looking to progress their career. Full support will be provided to achieve their potential within a supportive and friendly environment.
Competent / familiar with:
- 3+ years’ experience in highways and drainage works in UK
- Competent in storm and foul water drainage network design using Microdrainage design software
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments)
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering and building projects
- Preparation of detailed design drawings for both highways and drainage (section 38/278, section 104)
- Knowledge of SUDS systems would be beneficial but not essential
- Proficient in Civil 3D (Experienced user)
- Experience in Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial but not essential
- Able to successfully communicate with supplier, contractors, the public and other engineers within the company
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations/meetings)
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
To apply please forward your most recent CV directly to the consultant, Michael Wilde at email@example.com, and not via the website.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.